Re: GRDDL Going to Last Call: Relevant to DIWG

From: Rhys Lewis <Rhys.Lewis@volantis.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2007 14:44:11 +0000
To: "hhalpin@ibiblio.org" <hhalpin@ibiblio.org>
CC: "www-di@w3.org" <www-di@w3.org>
Hello Harry,

Thanks very much for your note about GRDDL going to last call soon.

First impressions do confirm your assertion that GRDDL makes a major contribution to the item we had labelled 'semantic enrichment' in our current charter. Actually, we had concluded that the 'role' attribute and some likely extensions in XHTML Version 2 would probably meet our needs in this area. GRDDL looks to go beyond those capabilities.

I've taken the liberty of copying your note to our internal working group list (w3c-di-wg@w3.org). That's where we normally carry out group discussions.

Perhaps you could indicate, on that list, whether the GRDDL working group is likely to request DIWG as one of the formal reviewers for the GRDDL documents?

Best wishes
Rhys Lewis, chair DIWG