RE: XPATH access functions

From: Rotan Hanrahan <Rotan.Hanrahan@MobileAware.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 16:45:16 +0100
To: Josť Manuel Cantera Fonseca <jmcf@tid.es>, <www-di@w3.org>

The original functions were based on those mentioned in CSS Media Queries, specifically to provide a migration path from CSSMQ to the more flexible DISelect. They even borrow the CSSMQ names. We call these the starter set. But, of course, the community is encouraged to consider extending them to access additional properties, not just those described in DCI.

One could even envisage a generic property accessor (though a lot more thinking would need to go into that idea before we could recommend it).

The set of properties to be proposed as an initial vocabulary in the DDWG's DDR would be a good start, when the time comes.

---Rotan.