Re: Device Independence Working Group publishes DIAL primer

Dear all,

Here are some of my doubts regarding DIAL:

+ Does DIAL imply that the DIAL processor must support all the XForms
features i.e. a DIAL processor must be a full-compliant XForms processor?

+ I don't see the value of putting the select mechanisms inside the
presentation. These are content selection rules that can be put outside
or can be implicitily deduced.
In Telefonica's open source product, MyMobileWeb,
(http://www.morfeo-project.org/mymobileweb) this is done by means of
providing different resources in different folders and managing a unique
identifier (independent of the physical file finally delivered to each
device).

+ IMHO the developer should have the possibility of referencing the
selection rules by inclusion and by reference. Are you planning any
future work regarding this issue?

+ Why use the <col> tag in the table ? The selection rules could be
specified in the <th> tag?

+ The selection rules, could they refer to a static device description
capability (for example against our future DDR) or also refer to a DCI
property ?

+ Is DIAL modularized so it can be used to produce compound document
formats resulting from the combination between DIAL and other markups?

+ What are essentially the differences between XHTML 1.1 and XHTML 2 and
DIAL?
Wouldn't it be better to specify a set of additions to provide device
independence and add them to XHTML 2, possibly combining them?

Best Regards