From: Rhys Lewis [mailto:Rhys.Lewis@volantis.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 03, 2006 1:20 PM
To: P. Hemagiri; www-di@w3.org
Cc: Sandeep Khomne
Subject: RE: Reading order required of the already Published Documents

(resending to correct the copy list)

Hello,

Thanks very much for your mail. It's always gratifying to find people
interested in the work that we are doing.

Perhaps I can suggest a slightly different order for reading our
documents.

1.       Device Independence Home Page and the linked Introduction to
Device Independence

2.       Device Independence Principles

3.       Authoring Challenges for Device Independence

4.       Authoring Techniques for Device Independence

These first documents cover the background and the materials that have
formed the basis for our work on new markup languages associated with
authoring for device independence

5.       Device Independent Authoring Language (DIAL)
(http://www.w3.org/TR/dial/)

6.       Content Selection for Device Independence

And finally the related materials

7.       XHTML Version 2 (http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml2/)

8.       Learning XForms

9.       XForms 1.1 http://www.w3.org/TR/xforms11/

It's worth noting that implementations of DIAL and DISelect are not
widely available yet.

It is also worth looking at the W3C Mobile Web Initiative site
(http://www.w3.org/Mobile/) and in particular at the Mobile Web Best
Practices Working Group (http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/). There we
have been constructing guidance for people creating mobile content using
XHTML Mobile Profile (http://www.w3.org/TR/mobile-bp/). You may find
this useful.

Very best wishes

Rhys Lewis, chair DIWG