Re: [DPF]Event categories underspecified in section 5

On Sunday, June 26, 2005, 12:32:08 AM, Bjoern wrote:

BH> * Keith Waters wrote:
>>[http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/WD-DPF-20041122/]

>>The DPF team would like to inherit the DOM 3 event interfaces,
>>however at the time of this writing the DOM 3 events was a Note vs a
>>specification.

Its parked as a Note. It has been through Last call. The next stage
could be CR, but could also be a second Last Call if changes need to be
made (there have been some bugs reported and some change requests in the
interim).

>>As such, we decided to defer inheriting the interfaces
>>until a W3C group picked up the DOM 3 interfaces and moved on from a
>>Note stage to a draft stage.

BH> The SVG Working Group is chartered to advance DOM Level 3 Events to
BH> Recommendation status.

Yes.

BH> Rather than re-inventing parts of DOM Level 3 Events, the Working
BH> Group should coordinate with the SVG WG and adopt DOM Level 3 Events
BH> directly.

Absolutely.

 Chair, W3C SVG Working Group
 W3C Graphics Activity Lead