DPF Use of hierarchies vs. Trees

From: Keith Waters <kwaters@ftrd.us>
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2005 16:36:36 -0400
To: www-di@w3.org

Hi Jeremy,

This message contains a response to comments on

http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/WD-DPF-20041122/

e3:
section 2 and throughout, particularly first para 4.1
'hierarchy' of properties, or tree of property/value pairs

I found the term hierarchy confusing; perhaps being an RDF-head,
I thought you might have been talking about sub-properties etc.
Suggest using a word like tree instead, and at some point
clarifying that we are talking about a tree of property/value
pairs.

The DPF Working Group reviewed and agreed to disagree with the change
request.

Trees and hierarchies are well understood Computer Science terms and
are often used interchangeably.
The DPF Working Group agreed to modify the section title: "4.1
Dynamic Properties Framework Property Tree" to become "4.1 Dynamic
Properties Framework Property Hierarchy"

-Keith Waters