From: "Ivan Herman" <ivan@w3.org>
To: "Marta Isabel Trejo" <marta@alfanex.net>
Cc: "Rhys Lewis" <rhys.lewis@volantis.com>; <www-di@w3.org>;
<w3c-translators@w3.org>; "Stephane Boyera" <boyera@w3.org>
Sent: Friday, February 25, 2005 5:44 AM
Subject: Re: Spanish Translation of DIWG Glossary

Marta Isabel Trejo wrote:
> Hello Ivan,
>
> Thank you! for your comments and proposals. Thanks.
>
> I should have kept my mouth shut about the updated version... ja, ja, ja
> (laugh sound in Spanish).
>
> 1. A hint: There is a French version of the DIWG Glossary. Please see
> http://www.w3.org/2003/03/Translations/byTechnology?technology=di-gloss,
> including a pointer to
> http://www.yoyodesign.org/doc/w3c/di-gloss-20030825/

Oops, you caught me off guard on this one:-( It seems that I did not pay
enough attention
at the time! (I will also add this to the home page...)

> 2. I don't quite understand what you mean by "an equilibrium state". My
> apologies in advance.  Firstly, Rhys' explanations are crystal clear.
> There
> is
> a glossary version dated 2003 and the updated version is dated 2005.
> Secondly,
> Rhys said: "We have a well defined process for making sure that any
> updated
> definitions remain, so that older documents are still valid, and that
> revisions are linked within the glossary so that people can see how
> definitions have changed."  In fact, I find the defined process is great!
> and works fine. Thirdly, technologies evolve rapidly, and new concepts
> continuously emerge. So literature evolves more or less at the same rate.
> This is my understanding. Again, my apologies in advance if, in fact, I
> misunderstood you.

At some point in time, that document will get to some final stage, if no
later than when
the group ceases to exist;-) But I see your point.

> 3. Your proposal about a date-less URI is fine. As soon as the SIDAR team
> makes the appropriate changes, I'll let you know. (smile).

O.k. Here is what I will do. I will add the current translation everywhere,
because
precedence rule is valid here and the French translation is already there;
but I will
update the entry with the date-less URI when available.

The important thing is to get this to the community.

Thanks

Ivan

--

Ivan Herman
W3C Communications Team, Head of Offices