Re: Scaling and Zooming

On Fri, Sep 17, 2004 at 01:28:08 +0200, Gino Lardon wrote:
> <<
> As far as I know, SVG type technologies are in the Zooming category.
> HTML with CSS is in the "Scaling" category.

Please use the standard > for quoting me next time.

> FYI:
> The 'zooming' effect can also be build with HTML and CSS.
> Take a look at http://www.alistapart.com/articles/elastic/

I like that "elastic" terminology. Thanks for the link!

I remember the Opera UA zooms on images when aiming to grow a text size.
http://www.alistapart.com/discuss/elastic/
Although from these comments, it seems it seems inconsistent with
background images. Urgh, lets forget images for the time being.

Shouldn't the W3C mandate "elastic" (or otherwise) design?