Loose ends

From: Kai Hendry <hendry@cs.helsinki.fi>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 13:07:23 +0300
To: www-di@w3.org

Hello again, I have some questions I need to clear up for my thesis that
perhaps you can help with.

Is there a good reason why the profiles list the content types that are
I can't think of any.

I suspect these *gateways* might cause problems like they did in WAP,
but I have not encountered any myself. Comments?  Do these gateways
(e.g. NWG/4.0/Build64) do their job? Why can't there be a direct
connection? Does it have to be Nokia hardware? XHTML MP doesn't use
WMLC. Or am I missing something?

I see MMS uses WAP, so that means it must use some W3C technologies
(e.g. UA Profiles). But I don't quite understand how closely are they
related. Are MMS transported over the Internet? Is there some
convergence with the Web? Or is it completely separate?

Can I safely say that PUSH has no part in Web architecture?