Re: compatibility issues between WAP2.0 and 1.0

WAP2.0 is not backwards compatible with WAP1.0 AFAIK

Think of WAP2.0 as a minimal XHTML, CSS with the traditional wireless
optimized tcp & http.

I think wml2 is backwards compatible with wml1, but you should produce
content in XHTML and try ignore WAP as much as possible and let it die.

This is funny:
http://kannel.org/irc-sessions/2004-01-23/%23kannel.freenode.log