From: ext Guy Simcox [mailto:guy.simcox@poweredbyascent.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 01, 2003 7:46 AM
To: 'www-di@w3.org'
Subject: names/attribute standards/protocols

I have just read the document 'http://www.w3.org/TR/cpc-req/' @ w3.org hopping to discover if there are any formal standards protocols for device manufactures and web server developers to adhere to regarding the names/attributes for devise capabilities. If a phone requested a screen size of 800 x 600 what would you place in the http request? How is this done on the phone? And how would a server no how to interpret this in order to facilitate the devices request? "Screen-size" and "size-of-screen" are completely different to a computer! (we need a standard or protocol I guess! ).

Thank you for your time

Struggling Student Developer
Guy.