a Infopack or epack standard

From: Knud Sørensen <nospam@all-technology.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 03:54:00 +0000
To: www-collaboration@w3.org

Hi
Hope I got the right list!

What about making a infopack (ipk) or epack (epk) standard
which make it possible to pack a static website into one file.

The eet library have the right idea.
http://enlightenment.org/Libraries/Eet.html

example: my_ebook.ipk
The when a browser opens the my_ebook.ipk file
it just open the first file matching index.*
and then treat the file as a file system.
So a link to /page1.xml would open my_ebook.ipk/page1.xml
so you could browse the website offline and without first decompressing
the ipk file.

In this way it would be far easier to exchange
static data and information collections.

--
Knud Sørensen <nospam@all-technology.com>
AL&L Technology