a Infopack or epack standard

From: Knud Sørensen <nospam@all-technology.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 03:54:00 +0000
To: www-collaboration@w3.org

Hope I got the right list!

What about making a infopack (ipk) or epack (epk) standard
which make it possible to pack a static website into one file.

The eet library have the right idea.

example: my_ebook.ipk
The when a browser opens the my_ebook.ipk file
it just open the first file matching index.*
and then treat the file as a file system.
So a link to /page1.xml would open my_ebook.ipk/page1.xml
so you could browse the website offline and without first decompressing
the ipk file.

In this way it would be far easier to exchange
static data and information collections.
Knud Sørensen <nospam@all-technology.com>
AL&L Technology