Re: Evaluation Criteria

From: David W. Morris <dwm@shell.portal.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 1996 11:09:32 -0700 (PDT)
To: Ramu Iyer <iyerrm@cig.mot.com>
cc: www-collaboration@w3.org

On Tue, 30 Jul 1996, Ramu Iyer wrote:

> I am looking for criteria for evaluating:
> 	- collaborative technologies
> 	- the extent to which an collaborative application is
> 	  Web-based / Web-enabled
>
> Thanks for any input or pointers.

Suggest you search for papers by S R Hiltz, M Turoff, P Johnson-lentz
(I hope I got that spelling correct) and T Johnson-lentz.  They (and
of course others) have been doing research involving evaluation of
Computer-mediated Communication for years.

Also, there is a major WWW 'site' dedicated to Computer-mediated
Communication.

Take a look at the following URLs:
   http://www.njit.edu/CCCC/WWW_Resources.html
   http://www.december.com/cmc/info/