CC/PP Implementors Day - Invitation

From: Johan Hjelm (johan.hjelm@era-t.ericsson.se)
Date: Thu, Sep 14 2000

    Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 10:04:57 +0200
    From: Johan Hjelm <johan.hjelm@era-t.ericsson.se>
    To: w3c-mobile@w3.org, www-mobile@w3.org, wag-uaprof@mail.wapforum.se, www-ccpp-protocol@w3.org, www-rdf-interest@w3.org
    Subject: CC/PP Implementors Day - Invitation

    Dear All,
    the first CC/PP Implementors Days will be held in Karlstad, Sweden, on
    November 15 and 16.

    The purpose of the CC/PP Implementors Day is to encourage
    implementations, ensure interoperability between existing
    implementations, and enable developers to share experiences and express
    concerns to the working group. The Implementors Days will be open to all
    interested developers. Location will be in Karlstad, Sweden, hosted by
    Ericsson.

    Agenda
    Day 1
    Review of the CC/PP specifications and additional documents (e.g.
    implementation notes)
    Review of protocol work (SIP, HTTP)
    Review of existing implementations - 15 minutes each?
    Conformance criteria - compare the WAP approach. How to guarantee
    interoperability?
    Further specification work needed (e.g. develop vocabularies)?
    Social event

    Day 2
    Details from (existing) implementations
    Content adaption strategies - some examples
    RDF parsers - experiences and recommendations
    RDF parsing models
    Future CC/PP and RDF developments
    Continued work: Suggestions (i.e. do we want to extend the working group

    further - we will extend it through April already; do we want to create
    an interest group, etc)

    Implementors are encouraged to publish information about their work to
    the www-mobile@w3.org list. There will also be a possibility to
    demonstrate implementations. Internet connections will be provided but
    it is recommended that implementors bring their own computers or
    devices. The GSM coverage in Sweden is excellent, but no other wireless
    networks will be available.
    A notice of participation is required to participate in the meeting.
    Please send it to Mikael Nilsson, Ericsson Infotech,
    mikael.nilsson@ein.ericsson.se. Questions should be addressed to Mikael
    or the chair, Johan Hjelm, johan.hjelm@era-t.ericsson.se.

    There will be a cutoff date for registrations to the implementors days
    on November 3, and initially the number of participants is limited to
    50.

    Directions for how to find the meeting location will be sent out
    separately.

    For more information, please see the CC/PP home page at
    http://www.w3.org/Mobile/CCPP/, and review the specifications at
     http://www.w3.org/TR/CCPP-ra/ ,  http://www.w3.org/TR/CCPP-ta/ ,
    http://www.w3.org/TR/CCPP-vocab/ ,and  http://www.w3.org/TR/CCPP-struct/
    .

    Welcome!
    Johan

    --

    ERICSSON*RESEARCH*ERICSSON*RESEARCH*ERICSSON*RESEARCH*ERICSSON*RESEARCH

         Johan HJELM, Ericsson Research, T/K User Applications Group
                       johan.hjelm@era-t.ericsson.se
           GSM Mobile +46-708-820315 (works everywhere but in Japan)

                    W3C Advisory Committee Representative
                          Chair CC/PP Working Group

                       Read more about my recent book
                   Designing Wireless Information Services
                    http://www.wireless-information.net

          OPINIONS EXPRESSED ARE PERSONAL AND NOT THOSE OF ERICSSON

    ERICSSON*RESEARCH*ERICSSON*RESEARCH*ERICSSON*RESEARCH*ERICSSSON*RESARCH