Re: SDPng

From: Markus Buchhorn (markus@acsys.anu.edu.au)
Date: Thu, May 25 2000

Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 10:58:01 +1000
To: Dirk Kutscher <dku@Informatik.Uni-Bremen.DE>, Markus Buchhorn <markus@acsys.anu.edu.au>
From: Markus Buchhorn <markus@acsys.anu.edu.au>
Cc: confctrl@ISI.EDU, atmsdp@eng.fore.com, www-ccpp-protocol@w3.org
Subject: Re: SDPng

Hi Dirk

At 12:50 25/05/00 +0200, Dirk Kutscher wrote:
>    Markus> Which group/who is looking at the next generation of SDP?

>ftp://ftp.tzi.uni-bremen.de/doc/internet-drafts/draft-ott-mmusic-cap-00.txt
[...]
>For example, it has been noted that capability negotiation has a
>considerable overlap to content negotiation, i.e. RFC2703 and
>RFC2533.

I have some reading to do :-) - thanks for the pointers. I see that Graham
(author of 2703/2533) is also active on the CC/PP mailing list. I detect
some possible overlap :-)

One thing I am wondering about is the additional functionality of
'X'-negotiation in an environment such as multicast SAP, where there is no
simple feedback channel - you either swallow it or you don't. But that
could lead to other ways of doing things....

Hmmmm. I can see some interesting problems....

Cheers,
	Markus

Markus Buchhorn,  Advanced Computational Systems CRC     | Ph: +61 2 62798810
email: markus@acsys.anu.edu.au, snail: ACSys, RSISE Bldg,|Fax: +61 2 62798602
Australian National University, Canberra 0200, Australia |Mobile: 0417 281429