Invitation: CC/PP Protocol Discussion List

From: Johan Hjelm (
Date: Tue, May 02 2000

    Date: Tue, 02 May 2000 16:20:25 -0400
    From: Johan Hjelm <>
    Subject: Invitation: CC/PP Protocol Discussion List
    Dear All,
    as you may know, we designed the CC/PP Exchange Protocol to take care of
    the interchange of CC/PP data structures between an HTTP client and a HTTP
    server. In the current version it is an application of the HTTP Extension
    That, and the fact that it is only a Note in the W3C (a document without
    official standing) makes its status somewhat insecure. We want to
    investigate the possibilities of bringing it onto the standards track, and
    as a first step, we have created a version of the specification in the RFC
    format as focal point for discussion.
    The address of the list is You subscribe by
    sending an email to with the word
    "subscribe" in the subject of the message (without the quotes).
    We hope interested parties will participate in the discussion on this list
    to establish a more formal version of this protocol.
    Johan Hjelm
    Chair, CC/PP working group, W3C
    (apologies for multiple postings!)
    For more information:
    CC/PP Exchange Protocol as a W3C Note:
    CC/PP Exchange Protocol in RFC format:
    CC/PP original W3C Note:
    CC/PP working group public home page:
                             Johan HJELM
          Ericsson Research, User Applications Group
             Currently visiting engineer at the W3C
    Chair, CC/PP Working Group and WCA Interest Group
                 The World Wide Web Consortium
        Fax +1-617-258 5999, Phone +1-617-253-9630
       MIT/LCS, 545 Tech. Sq. Cambridge MA 02139 USA
            Opinions are personal, always my own,
      and not necessarily those of Ericsson or the W3C.