Invitation: CC/PP Protocol Discussion List

From: Johan Hjelm (hjelm@w3.org)
Date: Tue, May 02 2000

    Date: Tue, 02 May 2000 16:20:25 -0400
    To: paf@swip.net, ned.freed@innosoft.com, lm@att.com, wap-wag-uaprof@mail.wapforum.org, wap-wpg@mail.wapforum.org, comments@i-cap.org, ietf-announce@ietf.org, ietf@ietf.org, ietf-medfree@imc.org, http-wg@hplb.hpl.hp.com, rescap@cs.utk.edu, confctrl@isi.edu, srvloc@srvloc.org, w3c-html-wg@w3.org, symm@w3.org, www-mobile@w3.org, Koen.Holtman@cern.ch, joshco@Exchange.Microsoft.com, jim.gettys@compaq.com, ph@w3.org
    From: Johan Hjelm <hjelm@w3.org>
    Cc: w3c-ccpp-wg@w3.org, www-ccpp-protocol@w3.org
    Subject: Invitation: CC/PP Protocol Discussion List

    Dear All,
    as you may know, we designed the CC/PP Exchange Protocol to take care of
    the interchange of CC/PP data structures between an HTTP client and a HTTP
    server. In the current version it is an application of the HTTP Extension
    Protocol.

    That, and the fact that it is only a Note in the W3C (a document without
    official standing) makes its status somewhat insecure. We want to
    investigate the possibilities of bringing it onto the standards track, and
    as a first step, we have created a version of the specification in the RFC
    format as focal point for discussion.

    The address of the list is www-ccpp-protocol@w3.org. You subscribe by
    sending an email to www-ccpp-protocol-request@w3.org with the word
    "subscribe" in the subject of the message (without the quotes).

    We hope interested parties will participate in the discussion on this list
    to establish a more formal version of this protocol.

    Welcome!

    Johan Hjelm
    Chair, CC/PP working group, W3C
    (apologies for multiple postings!)

    For more information:
    CC/PP Exchange Protocol as a W3C Note: http://www.w3.org/TR/NOTE-CCPPexchange
    CC/PP Exchange Protocol in RFC format:
    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ccpp-protocol/2000Apr/att-0001/01-dr
    aft-ietf-ohto-ccpp-exchange-00.txt
    CC/PP original W3C Note: http://www.w3.org/TR/NOTE-CCPP/
    CC/PP working group public home page: http://www.w3.org/Mobile/CCPP/
                             Johan HJELM
          Ericsson Research, User Applications Group
             Currently visiting engineer at the W3C
    Chair, CC/PP Working Group and WCA Interest Group
                 The World Wide Web Consortium
                             hjelm@w3.org
       http://www.w3.org/People/W3Cpeople.html#Hjelm
        Fax +1-617-258 5999, Phone +1-617-253-9630
       MIT/LCS, 545 Tech. Sq. Cambridge MA 02139 USA
            Opinions are personal, always my own,
      and not necessarily those of Ericsson or the W3C.