Re: Chrome Bug: screws up CORS by using different-origin disk cache version

> On 2017-11 -03, at 20:07, Michael[tm] Smith <mike@w3.org> wrote:
>
> Sarven, Tim,
>
> Can you confirm whether or not anybody has actually raised in issue in the
> Chrome issue tracker for this?

Not as far as I know
Could you, Alex?

On 2017-08-12 22:08, Tim Berners-Lee wrote:
> Alex
>
> Notwithstanding issues with the design of CORS, Chrome doesn’t in fact
> do it properly.
>
> If you request the same resource first from one origin and then from
> another, it serves the cached version, which then fails cord because the
> Origin and access-control-allow-origin
> headers don’t match.  This even when the returned headers have “Vary:
> Origin”, which should prevent that same cached version being reused for
> a different origin.
>
> This has been a problem for a long time.  It is frustrating.  Do you
> have a timescale for fixing it in Chrome?
>
> Chrome Version 59.0.3071.115 (Official Build) (64-bit)
>
> Tim
>

> Console log:
>

> Fetch API cannot load
https://dokie.li/new
. The
https://foobar.com
'
http://localhost:3080
'

https://dokie.li/new

http://localhost:3080

http://localhost:3080/foobar/Public/Test/

https://dokie.li/new

> HTTP/1.1 200 OK
> Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2017 19:52:41 GMT
> Server: Apache/2.4.25 (Ubuntu)
> Upgrade: h2,h2c
> Connection: Upgrade
> Last-Modified: Sun, 23 Jul 2017 11:55:06 GMT
> ETag: "8ff-554fac4f3cdf1"
> Accept-Ranges: bytes
>
> $

I'm experiencing this issue in:

* Chromium 60.0.3112.78 Built on Ubuntu , running on Ubuntu 17.04
* Mozilla Firefox 57.0a1, Ubuntu 17.04

In window tab1 with URL1, there are no issues, but tab1 has issue with
URL2 (same domain). Issue with URL2 is b/c tab2 originally making that
request. Similarly, tab2 doesn't have issues with URL2, but it has an
issue with URL1.

-Sarven

http://csarven.ca/#i