One paragraph guide for choosing ShEx or SHACL

From: Sandro Hawke <sandro@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2017 12:54:10 -0400
To: "public-rdf-shapes@w3.org" <public-rdf-shapes@w3.org>
Cc: www-archive@w3.org
A colleague says, "I think I want to use something like SHACL or ShEx.
I hear you know this stuff. I don't care about whether something is
endorsed by W3C and I don't know how they work.  I just want whatever
will work best for me.   Which should I use?"

If your answer starts with "It depends...", then please send it to me,
off-list.   If you're ok with your response being public, keep the CC
www-archive.   If you're okay with your text being used anonymously,
please say so.   If your answer is just "ShEx" or "SHACL", then thanks,
but that's not useful for me right now.

I say "off-list" because I expect on-list replies to be
counter-productive at this point.

I'll summarize back to the list.

Thanks, everyone.

      -- Sandro