Re: Transition Request: WebDriver to Candidate Recommendation

From: Michael[tm] Smith <mike@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2017 08:23:59 +0900
To: Ralph Swick <swick@w3.org>
Cc: Tim Berners-Lee <timbl@w3.org>, Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org>, David Burns <dburns@mozilla.com>, Simon Stewart <shs@rocketpoweredjetpants.com>, www-archive@w3.org

> > I see 19 open issues not tagged as 'enhancement'.  What are the Group's
> > expectations about those issues?
>
> I will sync up with David and Simon and we’ll get back to you asap with a
> summary of the plans for resolving those.

After examining those issues, the determination is that they fall into
categories of either just editorial clarifications or else cases where a
part of the spec is underspecified to the point that while some additional
normative text may be needed, its addition will not change the
implementation requirements but instead will, e.g., remove any ambiguities.

We have been meaning to go through them all and add an “underspecified” or
“clarification” label as needed, and have not got around do it doing it yet
but will soon.

In the mean time, we think that none of them are anything that should block
the transition to CR, so we’d like to go ahead with the transition, with
that understanding.

  —Mike

--
Michael[tm] Smith https://sideshowbarker.net/