Re: Acid3 and :first-child

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2017 17:05:29 +0100
To: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Cc: Geoffrey Sneddon <me@gsnedders.com>, Ms2ger <ms2ger@gmail.com>, www-archive <www-archive@w3.org>
On Wed, Oct 19, 2016 at 11:13 PM, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch> wrote:
> This changed 3 years ago? And nobody implemented it in 3 years? While
> everyone had the opposite implemented?
>
> Isn't this a pretty clear sign that this change was wrong?

Someone handed me https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/695
today. It seems the rationale for this is shadow trees, where there is
no parent element at the top (just a DocumentFragment). I guess the
reason it's being noticed and implemented now (Gecko is close to
shipping) is because of shadow trees only starting to ship nowish.

--
https://annevankesteren.nl/