W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-archive@w3.org > January 2017

Re: IDNA tests

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2017 18:24:37 +0100
Message-ID: <CADnb78jCdFKONEFYjyy7VWRNCv7J5TrrCH+ENjYSSqWve-oHgA@mail.gmail.com>
To: Alex Christensen <achristensen@apple.com>
Cc: Simon Montagu <smontagu@smontagu.org>, Valentin Gosu <valentin.gosu@gmail.com>, www-archive <www-archive@w3.org>, Mark Davis ☕ <mark@macchiato.com>
On Fri, Jan 6, 2017 at 7:40 PM, Alex Christensen <achristensen@apple.com> wrote:
> I wrote some interesting tests in
> https://bugs.webkit.org/show_bug.cgi?id=144194 and some of the non-ASCII
> tests can be better viewed
> https://trac.webkit.org/browser/trunk/Tools/TestWebKitAPI/Tests/WebCore/URLParser.cpp
> because our bugzilla patch viewer UTF-8 encodes them.  Feel free to take any
> or all of those tests.

Thanks, that's great.


> http://www.unicode.org/Public/idna/9.0.0/IdnaTest.txt has a bunch of
> interesting domains

I wrote https://github.com/w3c/web-platform-tests/pull/4504 as a
web-platform-tests wrapper around that resource. It's taking a rather
long time to run though as I currently test each host through nine
different APIs making for a total of over 30000 tests. And there's
lots of failures in each browser too. Some of it due to the URL
Standard still being aligned with IDNA2003 rather than IDNA2008, but
most due to other reasons that I haven't investigated yet.


-- 
https://annevankesteren.nl/
Received on Monday, 9 January 2017 17:25:09 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Monday, 9 January 2017 17:25:10 UTC