RE: Media Extensions WG Editors meeting, Tue Mar 1

Philippe and I would like to discuss the following topics at our meeting tomorrow morning:

1. MSE and EME issues: how do we spend the next 3 months?
EME 28 open issues: https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/issues  (6 need implementation, 20 unassigned)
MSE 32 open issues: https://github.com/w3c/media-source/issues  (12 need implementation, 12 unassigned)

a) What's in v1? what's in v2?
b) What's the top priority issues for v1? What are the next steps for those?
c) Which issues are easy to pick up?  Are there issues that the Team can help with?
d) Can we agree to prioritize the review of pull request?

2. MSE  test suite: how do we spend the next 3 months?
a) Status of licensing at Google on additional MSE tests
b) Once we do the test case merge with Blink, what are we missing and how do we fill any coverage gap?
c) Anything that comes to mind that folks believe we should pay attention to during testing?

3. MSE (and EME) implementations:
a) Do we think we have at least 2 implementations of everything? what's missing to reach that?

4. MSE and EME dependencies:
a) MSE: we're referencing File API, HTML5, TYPED_ARRAYS, and WHATWG-STREAMS-API.
Are those stable enough or in for MSE use? What's the risk for them to change and would it impact us in the 6 months?
b) EME: we're referencing DOM, ENCODING, HTML5, MIXED-CONTENT, POWERFUL-FEATURES.
Are those stable enough or in for EME use? What's the risk for them to change and would it impact us in the 6 months?

/paulc

Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada