Re: Defining exotic objects in IDL, HTML, or both?

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2015 11:09:03 -0400
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Cc: Bobby Holley <bholley@mozilla.com>, Domenic Denicola <d@domenic.me>, Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>, www-archive <www-archive@w3.org>
>> I'm not sure what you mean here.  We don't expect them to be === to each
>> other, but we also don't expect that lack of === to be observable (modulo
>> some handwaving about document.domain, perhaps).
>
> Per the third paragraph of
> https://old.etherpad-mozilla.org/html5-cross-origin-objects that is
> untrue. I could be missing something though, since I still have a hard
> time wrapping my head around this.

Oh, I see.  Maybe that's the handwaving I recall.

So really, UAs just have to make operator=== work as if these were the
same object.  I believe abarth indicated that was ok for v8/blink.  It's
clearly ok for Gecko, because you have to enter a single compartment to
do the === and then you have wrappers into the same compartment, which
are in fact the same object.

-Boris