Re: Moving WebApps' DOM3Events wiki to Github

From: Chaals McCathie Nevile <chaals@yandex-team.ru>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2015 02:33:10 +0200
To: Gary Kacmarcik (Кошмарчик) <garykac@chromium.org>, "Arthur Barstow" <art.barstow@gmail.com>
Cc: "Travis Leithead" <travis.leithead@microsoft.com>, "www-archive@w3.org" <www-archive@w3.org>, "Philippe Le Hegaret" <plh@w3.org>, "Yves Lafon" <ylafon@w3.org>
On Wed, 14 Oct 2015 18:22:38 +0200, Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@gmail.com>
wrote:

> [ + PLH and Yves ]
>
> On 10/14/15 12:13 PM, Gary Kacmarcik (Кошмарчик) wrote:
>> I copied the info from the wiki into our README.md file.
>
> Great, thanks!
>
>> One remaining issue is that we still have the meeting archives at:
>> http://www.w3.org/2008/webapps/wiki/Bi-weekly_meetings
>> and this includes a bunch of files to convert.
>
> I didn't realize you did that.
>
>> Is there a clever, automated way of bring them over?

You only need to bring the links over, not the files on w3.org. So it's
just the wiki page itself. Which isn't that hard :) The minutes themselves
can be left where they are quite happily, and you can continue to make
them the same way.

> Not that I know about but I copied Philippe and Yves because I think
> they might have a suggestion. However, if your D3E calls/meetings use
> RRSAgent and you get it to "make minutes", then your meeting record
> should be a permanent part of W3C's "date space".

They are.

> As such, it's not clear there is a need to make a second copy so I
> wonder if perhaps you could leave the existing minutes as is (they won't
> be deleted) and stop that practice going forward.

Keep doing what you are doing, but instead of linking to the minutes from
the old wiki page, link to them from the new page.

cheers