Re: Shepherd

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2015 08:01:13 +0200
To: "Linss, Peter" <peter.linss@hp.com>
Cc: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>, www-archive <www-archive@w3.org>
Peter, thank you for all this detailed information.

On Wed, Aug 19, 2015 at 9:09 PM, Linss, Peter <peter.linss@hp.com> wrote:
> (calling it without any arguments just lists the specs available, by passing args you can get detailed information on all anchors in the specs.)

I see.

Now I it's clear that everything is available publicly I guess what
I'm mostly looking for is some way to report bugs. The nice thing
about https://github.com/tobie/specref is that the database is in
GitHub and you can inspect it and report issues against it. Even
though the database is fully automated, that still makes it easier to
inspect things manually.

E.g., it's unclear to me whether Shepherd indexes all WHATWG Standards
or whether some cannot be indexed currently. It's unclear what
shortname they've been assigned and why e.g., "dom" doesn't get HTTPS
URLs.

Having it all somewhere as a dump on GitHub or some such would make
that a bit more visible.

--
https://annevankesteren.nl/