RE: Areas of improvement for W3C (Was Re: URL Collaboration Work)

Anne van Kesteren wrote:

> that has caused countless
> hours of productivity loss due to developers looking at the wrong
> specification, its resistance to change,

Just curious, do you have a verifiable source for that assertion? It has been
my observation and experience that just as much time and productivity is lost
by developers attempting to keep up with the never-ending stream of changes to
a spec that never seems to be finished.

That may work well in small boutique shops, but when a large organization is
trying to wrangle thousands of developers across multiple locations, working
on different projects - all projects that involve not only developers, but
project managers, milestone delivery dates, content authors and graphic
artists, marketing departments and senior management... well, sometimes the
good old, reliable standard is the fastest most effective resource to turn to.
It may seem stale to some, in the way that season 2 of a Game of Thrones is
old news, but when it comes to productivity and lost hours, sometimes it's
nice to not have to constantly go looking for the answer in the book of stuff
that always changes...

Just an alternative point of view.

JF