Re: URL Collaboration Work

> On Mon, Nov 24, 2014 at 4:05 PM, Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net> wrote:
>> Anne seems to have come to the conclusion that "the
>> moment a non-W3C document enters W3C space, it can no longer be developed
>> outside the W3C".  I see nothing that supports that conclusion.
>
> I continue to dislike that you keep quoting me out of context without
> asking for clarification from me first.

I linked to the full context.  I copied you in the email in the hopes
that you would provide additional context, if such were needed.  I see
that you have now done so, and for that, I thank you.

> The condition you're missing is that it would be the same person
> editing the document. I cannot edit X inside and outside the W3C
> simultaneously.

That condition was not in your email.  Whether or not Jeff led you to
believe this is in dispute.  Either way, I see nothing in the existing
Membership or Invited Expert agreements that supports this claim.

I will now ask you for clarification as to why you believe this claim to
be true.

> Which is one of the now many reasons why the WHATWG
> follows "Hypothetical" #1, without it really being hypothetical.

I will now ask you for clarification as to what the other reasons are
that the WHATWG would not be willing to collaborate on the URL
Specification.

I remain interested in collaborating with everybody.

- Sam Ruby