Re: PSA: Sam Ruby is co-Editor of URL spec

On Tue, Nov 18, 2014 at 9:18 PM, Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net> wrote:
> Would it be possible to fork https://github.com/whatwg/url into
> https://github.com/w3c/, and to give me the necessary access to update this?

I'm not sure why this escaped me, but the reason this doesn't work,
provided you want to continue to contribute to the WHATWG, is that the
W3C prevents it. I was after this kind of setup in 2012, and Jeff and
Wendy told me in no uncertain terms that it was in violation of the
Member Agreement. I then became a non-Member, but the Invited Expert
and Collaborator Agreement prevents the same thing.

So if we are to go through with this, I would need to something in
writing from the W3C and IBM (the actual Member Agreements are private
and may have differences per company as I understand it) that this is
in fact okay.

--
https://annevankesteren.nl/