Re: [html5] use of main

Please take your bickering off WHATWG lists. If your e-mail doesn't have
any helpful information or a request for helpful information, it doesn't
belong on help@whatwg.org.

On Wed, 28 May 2014, Steve Faulkner wrote:

> > You're looking at the W3C fork of the HTML spec.
> >
> > The WHATWG standard says:
> >
> >   Contexts in which this element can be used:
> >   Where flow content is expected.
> >
> > See:
> > http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/multipage/grouping-content.html#the-main-element
> >
> > Differences like this are why I've previously asked the W3C to stop
> > forking the WHATWG specs, but they have so far refused.
>
> We understand how you like to rewrite the history of HTML Ian,

I'm not the one rewriting anything.

> But the <main> element and its definition is not and never has been a
> fork of the WHATWG spec.

I didn't say it was.

> Attempting to argue otherwise just makes you look silly.

Nobody has argued anything of the sort. The only thing that makes me look
silly here is continuing to bicker with you.

> Please remember you don't own HTML.

I've no idea what that even means.