Re: Is the TAG structure harmful? [Was: Fwd: Forced Resignation]

From: Brian Kardell <bkardell@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2014 09:25:56 -0400
To: "Eric J. Bowman" <eric@bisonsystems.net>
Cc: Tim Bray <tbray@textuality.com>, Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>, "www-archive@w3.org" <www-archive@w3.org>, Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@gmail.com>, Robin Berjon <robin@w3.org>, "www-tag@w3.org" <www-tag@w3.org>
On Jul 2, 2014 8:28 AM, "Eric J. Bowman" <eric@bisonsystems.net> wrote:

[snip]

> my e-mail doesn't end @apple.com, @google.com, etc. as that seems the
> only way to achieve credibility in Web Arch circles where merit no
> longer holds sway.

Not to pour fuel on this fire, but i don't feel this is so, increasingly
less so in recent years in TAG.  I applaud more developer involvement, in
fact, I'm a very squeaky wheel on this topic, there are definitely things
that need fixing - but (at least) two of the people elected which this bit
were actually -elected- before they were associated with any big member
org. Likewise, TAG has been holding developer meetups and attending
extensible web summit where there is way more opportunity to hear from and
discuss things with developers.

There may be biases and politics and things to worry about, I just wanted
to share another perspective and some data on that.