Audio and slide summaries of: W3C, Standards Process, W3C Staff/Team, Chair roles, etc.

[ Bcc: www-archive]

On 4/17/14 4:35 PM, ext Coralie Mercier wrote:
> please find the minutes and audio recording of the 23 January 2014
> Chair Training, episode 1: "W3C, Process, and the W3C Team" that
> Philippe Le Hégaret gave.
>
> Unfortunately we have not been able to sync the audio and slides.
>
> Minutes:
>   http://www.w3.org/2014/01/23-chairing-minutes.html
>
> Audio:
>   http://media.w3.org/2014/01/

The audio is a nice resource so thanks for creating it!

Since this information (audio <http://media.w3.org/2014/01/> plus slides
<http://www.w3.org/2014/Talks/chairs-part4/>) covers material for a
broader audience than group chairs, I noted the following "sections",
some of which could be useful to W3C newbies as well as group participants:

* Overview of Working Group processes (oriented for Chairs):
Audio: 0:04:00 - 0:18:18
Slides 4-11: <http://www.w3.org/2014/Talks/chairs-part4/#/4>

* Summary of the W3C Staff (aka "The Team")
Audio: 0:18:18 - 0:27:45
Slides 12-19: <http://www.w3.org/2014/Talks/chairs-part4/#/12>

* Overview of the 5 Technology Domains & Horizontal review groups
Audio: 0:27:45 - 0:38:10
Slides 20-32: <http://www.w3.org/2014/Talks/chairs-part4/#/20>

* Going from Ideas to Web Standards (aka Recommendations)
Audio: 0:38:10 - 0:55:10
Slides 33-44: <http://www.w3.org/2014/Talks/chairs-part4/#/33>

* Summary of the Technical Reports Recommendation and Patent Policy
processes
Audio: 0:55:10 - 1:05:58
Slides 45-48: <http://www.w3.org/2014/Talks/chairs-part4/#/45>

* Summary of Advisory Board (AB) and Technical Architecture Group (TAG)
Audio: 1:05:58 - 1:10:25
Slides 49-52: <http://www.w3.org/2014/Talks/chairs-part4/#/49>

* Roles for W3C's Team Contacts and Chairs plus some "SeeAlso" resources
Audio: 1:10:25 - 1:20:45
Slides 53-59: <http://www.w3.org/2014/Talks/chairs-part4/#/53>

* Request for feedback plus Q&A - audio starts @ 1:20:46

-AB