Re: JSON-LD context for schema.org - work in progress

From: Dan Brickley <danbri@google.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2014 16:30:56 +0100
To: Stéphane Corlosquet <scorlosquet@gmail.com>, Gregg Kellogg <gregg@greggkellogg.net>, Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>, www-archive@w3.org, Niklas Lindström <lindstream@gmail.com>, Markus Lanthaler <markus.lanthaler@gmx.net>
On 17 April 2014 12:36, Dan Brickley <danbri@google.com> wrote:
> Hi folks
>
>  curl -v -H "Accept: application/ld+json" http://sdo-context-test.appspot.com/
>
> ... is a start at JSON-LD context file serving. For now it just emits
> a static file that I built with a script from Niklas,
> https://gist.github.com/niklasl/7873635
> https://github.com/json-ld/json-ld.org/pull/297
>
> My main concern is that this should not impact human users, so the
> content negotiation settings are a bit conservative: if the client
> asks for JSON-LD and does not mention HTML or XHTML in its request, I
> send JSON-LD. Otherwise (and regardless of ;q=0.6 -style HTTP
> subtleties, I send the normal HTML.
>
> Once we're happy with the HTTP mechanism, let's talk about what
> actually goes into the file.

Let's start that conversation.

Strawman:

{
  "@context": {
      "partOfSeries": {"@type": "@id" }
      "servicePostalAddress": {"@type": "@id" }
      "workLocation": {"@type": "@id" }
      "arterialBranch": {"@type": "@id" }
 }
}

https://gist.github.com/danbri/10991489

this lists as @id every property that has at least one non-literal
expected value type, and leaves the rest to defaults.

Workable?

Dan