RE: IDNA, IRIs, and ://..../ authority field

From: Larry Masinter <masinter@adobe.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2014 18:55:25 +0000
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
CC: "Phillips, Addison" <addison@lab126.com>, Martin Dürst <duerst@it.aoyama.ac.jp>, Leif Halvard Silli <lhs@malform.no>, "Dave Thaler (dthaler@microsoft.com)" <dthaler@microsoft.com>, "Robin Berjon (robin@w3.org)" <robin@w3.org>, Mark Davis ☕ <mark@macchiato.com>, "www-archive@w3.org" <www-archive@w3.org>
What is the idea for new schemes that want to use IDNs in the authority field? Is it to update the URL standard to include them in the list? Or are they not supported?  Should the registration template include some information about whether they're intended to have the host treated as an IDN?

Larry
--
http://larry.masinter.net