Re: defn of Named Graph

On 24 September 2013 14:51, Sandro Hawke <sandro@w3.org> wrote:

>> (jumping in here...)
>>
>> Related to change over time, but not quite the same: description of
>> Actions that may never happen, e.g. possible events (alongwith URLs +
>> info etc. that could be used to make them happen).
>>
>> Dan
>>

> Can you give me a little more detail there?
>
> Maybe we're doing meeting scheduling, and the meeting might be at 9am in the
> Star room or might be at 10am in the Patel room, like this:
>
> GRAPH :g1 { :staffMtg83 :start 2013-09-24T09ET; :location :Star }
> GRAPH :g2 { :staffMtg83 :start 2013-09-24T10ET; :location :Patel }
> :staffMtg83 :option :g1, :g2.
>
> Something like that?
>
> I agree that's a very interesting use case for datasets.
>
> I don't think it's one that motivates having different properties on the
> same group of triples.  At least not as far as I can see.

It's for schema.org; we defined http://schema.org/Action recently,
including a variety of sub-types. These work as-is in triples for
actions that have happened.

We have discussed using actionStatus=tentative properties of an
Action, but that is non-ideal since that triple could always drop off,
leaving the impression the action wasn't tentative (esp. if date is in
the past, which ties back to the date issue of course).

Dan