IDL [Exposed=Window,Worker]

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2013 17:38:39 -0400
To: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>, Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Cc: www-archive <www-archive@w3.org>
Follow-up from #content.

Should we have IDL annotation for which global objects an interface is
for, and if so, also avoid having things like Document in
XMLHttpRequest's interface (e.g. by duplicating the interface or
complicated IDL syntax). Or should we address all of it by prose or
some combination?

I think having [Exposed] makes sense. If you can do

[Exposed=Window,Worker] interface A { };

[Exposed=Window] partial interface A {};

in addition you should be pretty much set.

Rationale: make it better defined what works where and make workers
first-class citizens.

Cc'd www-archive for interested lurkers.

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/