Re: HTTP redirects

From: Karl Dubost <karl@la-grange.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 15:15:56 -0500
Cc: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>, Mark Nottingham <Mnot@mnot.net>, www-archive <www-archive@w3.org>
To: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>

Le 27 févr. 2013 à 13:55, Julian Reschke a écrit :
> I think it would be great if UAs would converge in ignoring broken header fields like these.

# Apache Configuration

On the server side, Apache behaves well, if you try to set multiple location, it takes the *last one*.

<files from.txt>
Header set Location "http://github.com/http2"
Header set Location "http://www.w3.org/"

# Server Code

I have created a small test server using python.

#!/usr/bin/env python3.3

import http.server

class Httphandler(http.server.BaseHTTPRequestHandler):
    def do_GET(self):
        self.send_header('Location', 'http://www.w3.org/')
        self.send_header('Location', 'https://github.com/karlcow/')
        self.wfile.write('Response body\n')

if __name__ == '__main__':
    addr = ('', 9000)
    http.server.HTTPServer(addr, Httphandler).serve_forever()

So the server is sending:

HTTP/1.0 301 Moved Permanently
Server: BaseHTTP/0.6 Python/3.3.0