Fwd: RDFa 1.1 - some editorial comments

From: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2013 10:48:21 +0200
To: W3C Public Archives <www-archive@w3.org>

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Karen Coyle <kcoyle@kcoyle.net>
> Subject: RDFa 1.1 - some editorial comments
> Date: August 26, 2013 02:49:09 GMT+02:00
> To: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>
>
> Ivan, I read through the primer - wonderful. With documents like this W3C may lose its reputation of being the source of impenetrable standards :-).
>
> I couldn't help but note some small editorial issues. If you have questions, feel free to ask.
>
> kc
> --
> Karen Coyle
> kcoyle@kcoyle.net http://kcoyle.net
> ph: 1-510-540-7596
> m: 1-510-435-8234
> skype: kcoylenet

2.1.1.1
"By using a URL to identify a particular type of title, for example http://purl.org/dc/terms/title, both humans and machines can understand that the URL unambiguously refers to the "Date of creation of the resource", such as a web page."
[mixes title and created; created is probably the better choice.]

Fig 6 caption
"We've used a short-hands to label the arrows"
[must be "a short-hand" or "short-hand labels for the arrows"]

below Fig 10
"If the FOAF data was included into each blog item" ->
  "If the FOAF data were included in each blog item"
were: subjunctive. somewhat pedantic but grammatically correct.
in: in American English, it's "included in" - sometimes British English uses different prepositions, and I don't know in this case if they do

Under Fig 11
"Using this approach, it becomes very easy to also add references to the same data from different blogs:"
I believe you mean "blog posts" - yes? And I also assume that the resource = #me must be within the same <html></html> - maybe I missed that, but it would be good to state that all of this is happening between those tags.

After example 40
"Indeed, let us suppose that Alice would like to set up a separate index page for all her blogs, and the only information she would like to put there, as structured data, is references to the titles."
 Again, I think this means "blog posts."

----
Ivan Herman, W3C
Home: http://www.w3.org/People/Ivan/