Re: Formal objection on ISSUE-129 (WAS RE: Revert request for r6574)

On Oct 8, 2012, at 2:15 PM, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch> wrote:

> On Mon, 8 Oct 2012, Paul Cotton wrote:
>>>
>>> Do you wish to maintain this Formal Objection?
>>
>> Could you please respond to my public-html@w3.org about this Formal
>> Objection?
>> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Sep/0225.html
>
> The points raised in the FO still apply, but I'll let the W3C decide how
> to deal with it for the HTMLWG deliverable. The problem either is or will
> be fixed in the WHATWG version of the spec regardless.

For the sake of clarity: does that mean you still wish to pursue your Formal Objection or that you wish to withdraw it? i.e. do you want processing of it via the Formal Objection process to be part of how "the W3C decide[s] how to deal with it", or would you rather we dealt with it otherwise?

(I ask because your statement was interpreted in opposite ways by different people.)

Regards,
Maiej