Re: Draft: Plan and next steps for AppCache.NG

From: Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2012 08:13:53 -0800
To: Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com>
Cc: Mike Smith <mike@w3.org>, Charles McCathieNevile <chaals@yandex-team.ru>, Doug Schepers <doug@w3.org>, Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>, Sam Ruby <rubys@us.ibm.com>, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, Robin Berjon <robin.berjon@gmail.com>, Jonas Sicking <sicking@mozilla.com>, Adrian Bateman <adrianba@microsoft.com>, Marcos Caceres <w3c@marcosc.com>, Chris Wilson <cwilso@google.com>, Tobie Langel <tobie@fb.com>, Jake Archibald <jaffathecake@gmail.com>, www-archive@w3.org
On Tue, 2012-11-06 at 08:47 -0500, Arthur Barstow wrote:
> Hi All - I've been thinking about "who is going to do what and when?" re
> AppCache.NG, and below is a series of related Q&As.
> As I worked through a plan and next steps, I started to think that since
> it could be unwise or even potentially harmful to extract AppCache from
> HTML5, I concluded it may be best to make AppCache.NG a joint
> deliverable between WebApps and HTMLWG. As such, my Q&As reflect a joint
> deliverable for AppCache.NG.

My thoughts:

This was also discussed during the HTML WG f2f. Not sure if they'd like
it to be a joijnt deliverable or simply giving it to WebApps. I suspect
the latter would be fine with them. We'll mark the section at risk in CR
however, just in case it appears that AppCache.NG makes a lot more sense
than what is inside html5. Since appcache has been implemented as
specified by the html5 spec, it seems unlikely we'll drop it but who