Re: [admin] Mail List Policy, Usage, Etiquette, etc. & Top-posting

On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 11:35 AM, James Graham <jgraham@opera.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 29 May 2012, Ian Fette (イアンフェッティ) wrote:
>
>  On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 10:53 AM, James Graham <jgraham@opera.com> wrote:
>>
>> You do realize that you're using a mail client that hasn't been updated
>> in 4 years, is unmaintained, and never saw wide-spread deployment?
>>

> I'm using a mail client that works exceptionally well for my use case,
> with the exception of a few problems caused by a small number of senders.
> Of these, many of the issues (e.g. top posting) are independent of the
> client.
>

>  I realize that all software is "niche" at some point
>>

> Technical mailing lists are niche at best and I am sure I am not the only
> alpine user (I believe Hixie also uses it, for example). I am certainly not
> the only user of mail clients other than your approved four.
>
> I also note that the archive software doesn't make your approved list and
> indeed suffers from exactly the problem I describe [1].
>
> [1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/**Public/www-archive/2012May/**0047.html<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-archive/2012May/0047.html>

W3.org doesn't even seem to be running an up-to-date version of hypermail.
They're running 2.2, the current stable release is 2.3, which was released
in 2009. This also appears unmaintained as best i can tell though, the
development list shows no activity since 2010. Again, color me
unsympathetic. http://www.hypermail-project.org/archive/