Re: example: the HTML WG process is not working

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 14:54:02 +0200
To: Jeff Jaffe <jeff@w3.org>
CC: Steve Faulkner <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>, Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org>, www-archive <www-archive@w3.org>, Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>, "Michael(tm) Smith" <mike@w3.org>, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
On 2012-03-28 14:39, Jeff Jaffe wrote:
> Steve,
>
> I apologize, but I don't know what this is.
>
> Is this:
>
> 1. fyi, about timelines of issues?
> 2. An escalation of the Chairs for not dealing with this issue per the
> HTML 5 WG process?
> 3. An observation that the finalized HTML 5 spec as it moves forward
> (LC--> CR --> REC) will diverge from a continually updated WHAT WG
> Living Standard (with presumably re-syncing as we move to HTML.next)?
> 4. Something else?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Jeff

I think the important observation is that the two specs already are
forked, and the difference gets bigger everytime the HTML WG chairs
decide something the editor doesn't agree with.

Best regards, Julian