Re: 答复: One Year Anniversary of promise to expedite ISSUE-30

You know, just leave longdesc in. You have bigger fish to fry and it is not
like browsers haven't supported it. We are working on a better solution in
aria-describedat but it is not here yet and longdesc is. If we have a
better solution in html.next through aria-describedat you could always
revisit the issue and consider deprecating it then.

To me the overarching issue is that HTML4.01 is a dinosaur and HTML
deserves a badly needed refresh that is implemented consistently across
browsers. This will also help pull companies off their older versions of IE
into next generation browsers. I just got off a call yesterday with a
customer on the west coast who wanted to use some HTML5 constructs and
because they needed to support an older browser the accessibility services
layer would not accommodate them.

just saying ...

Rich

Rich Schwerdtfeger