Re: URLs

On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 2:45 PM, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de> wrote:
> On 2012-06-15 14:06, Anne van Kesteren wrote:
>> http://wiki.whatwg.org/wiki/URL#Parsing
>
> Quoting:
>
> "if url.scheme is not hierarchical  (data:)"
>
> How do you test that?

Whitelist.

> And, again: what's wrong with
> <http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/rfc3986.html#rfc.section.B>? I can imagine
> it doesn't do everything you want (in which case, start by documenting what
> you think needs to be fixed), but it seems to be a much much better starting
> point than what you have.

Not sure. How does that handle parsing "http:test" with a base URL
whose scheme is http and host is example.org? Or against no base URL?
(Serialized result has to be http://example.org/test and http://test/
respectively.)

> Also: I thought this is now a webapps WG deliverable? Why post over here?

Did not think it was worth it to bother all of public-webapps with
some basic questions as to how to approach specifying URLs.

--
Anne — Opera Software
http://annevankesteren.nl/