Errata for The Web Origin Concept

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2012 09:31:21 +0200
To: www-archive <www-archive@w3.org>, Adam Barth <w3c@adambarth.com>
Hey,

Not sure where http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6454 is discussed these
days, but I think we should issue an errata for the list of origins.
In particular, I think we should not have the list of origins concept
in the platform and only accept a single origin or null. The new
syntax would be:

  origin         = "Origin:" OWS origin-or-null OWS
  origin-or-null = %x6E %x75 %x6C %x6C / serialized-origin

It was introduced for CORS, but we decided not to use it there. I
don't think we want it elsewhere either. And leaving things like that
up to choice is bad.

What do you think?

Cheers,

--