Re: [whatwg] Administrivia: Update on the relationship between the WHATWG HTML living standard and the W3C HTML5 specification

On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 6:40 PM, Melvin Carvalho
<melvincarvalho@gmail.com> wrote:
> I presume that naming is still a technical matter.

As it does not affect conformance, it's not.

> Just so that it's possible to understand how to name the two new branches
> correctly, can you confirm that the W3C branch is now called "HTML5" and
> the WHATWG branch is named 'HTML Living Standard'.
>
> Is this the long term project name, or just a working title?

It is the name of the standard. Unless something better comes along
(we played with "Web Applications 1.0", "HTML 5", "HTML5", and now
"HTML") it is the definitive name.

> Just thinking out loud, is that wise given that the acronym (T)LS (The)
> Living Standard, (which someone has used already) is also used often used
> as 'Transport Layer Security'?

The abbreviation of HTML Living Standard is HTML.

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/