Re: Obsolescence notices on old specifications, again

hi Jeffe,

Ian has stated in response [1]:

"I follow it, like everyone else, exactly to the extent that I think it
requires us to do the right thing for the Web. When the process requires
us to do something bad for the Web, I ignore it."

I say fair play to him and as long as any other participant in the process
can opt out of the process whenever he/she thinks it's "bad for the Web,"
and the W3C is OK with that, then we have a level playing field for all
particpants.

but his stament does appear to contradict your statement:

"he agrees to follow the W3C Process"

For people such as myself who have invested a lot of time and energy
working within, what is at times a tortuous process, in effecting change to
the HTML5 specification, for what I believe to be the 'right thing for the
Web'. I don't want to see that work undermined and undone by someone who is
in a powerful position, because he or she thinks they own rights on what is
the 'right thing for the Web'.

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-archive/2012Jan/0032.html

best regards

Stevef