Re: Obsolescence notices on old specifications, again

On 01/25/2012 04:53 PM, Steve Faulkner wrote:
> Hi Philippe,
>
> Ian Hickson wrote: [1]
>
>     On Wed, 25 Jan 2012, Philippe Le Hegaret wrote:
>      >
>      > as a reminder, as editor of several documents for the Web
>     Applications
>      > and HTML Working Group, you agreed to follow the W3C Process, as
>     well as
>      > following the HTML Decision Policy of the HTML Working Group. If
>     this is
>      > no longer the case, you should let the Chairs of those Groups
>     aware of
>      > this,
>
>     The chairs of both groups, as well as yourself, and Jeff, are fully
>     aware
>     of this already.
>     --
>     Ian Hickson
>

> So, a working group member who plays a pivotal role does not agree
> to follow the W3C Process, as well as follow the HTML Decision Policy of
> the HTML Working Group.

I believe that what Ian is saying and doing now directly contradicts
what he agreed to with co-chairs when we met with him face to face in
November of 2010 in Santa Clara.  That being said...

> Why should any of us?

Steve, I think that you are asking the wrong question.  I believe that
the important thing that matters is what the final spec states.

> regards
> Stevef

- Sam Ruby