Re: Fast-track new people to areas www-style need the most help with

OK, that's much clearer - thank you :)

To re-iterate:

1) I need to contact Ian Jacobs about the idea and get feedback from him.
2) I need to do the same as 1 with Fantasai.
3) I need to make a stand-alone page and host it somewhere on my own server, the page being based on whatever templates or requirements I discover via 1 and 2.
4) The page is presented on the list and people decide whether it's OK or not.

Further comments inline:

On 17 Jan 2012, at 18:05, Kang-Hao (Kenny) Lu wrote:

> (Cc to the public archive again)
>
> Now, let me try again.
>
> (12/01/18 1:26), Matthew Wilcox wrote:
>>> If you want personal contact from W3C, please contact
>>> the person that responded to the mail I sent to site-comments with you
>>> in the Cc list. That person's email is something ends with "@w3.org".
>>> Could you just please find that mail?
>>>

>> My Gmail search returns nothing for the string "site-comments@w3.org" - so
>> no, I can't find that mail. I don't recall ever being given an email
>> address of someone to talk to about this.
>
> Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org> is the person at W3C who handles all the
> communication related stuff.
>
> http://fantasai.inkedblade.net/contact is fantasai's contact page. She's
> the person who did lots of stuff with regard to
> http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/ . She has the access to these pages
> although without the group's approval she probably won't do so, and it's
> unlikely that the group would grant approval if they don't have
> something to like at.
>
>> *sigh* As ought to be clear by now: the structure of how the list and w3c
>> inter-relate is not clear. I have no idea which it is I want as I don't
>> know who's responsible for what.
>
> Although I have explained their role above, no one is responsible for
> cooperating with you.
>
>> I have looked into the wiki and can not tell how it helps me in relation to
>> getting information about how to edit a page such as
>> http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/
>
> what I said was this
>
> On 11 Jan 2012, at 19:32, Kang-Hao (Kenny) Lu wrote:
>> I think you are free to make your strawman design on the W3C wiki,
>> which is open to the public, and ask for help from W3C staff to see if
>> they can incorporate into one of the pages on the W3C site.
>
> Is creating a sample page in other place before presenting that to the
> public (www-style) or contact (fantasai) something not acceptable to
> you?

No, that now makes sense but I didn't understand it as you meant it the first time.  The term straw-man is usually understood as derogatory - you make a straw-man in order to burn it; and using a wiki to do a page design make no sense to me from a technical standpoint. It's now clearer to me what you were meaning to say.

> If that is the case, I guess you can keep lobbying but you are not
> going anywhere. Do you feel like your questions are anwsered? What else do you need to
> ask so you don't say somthing like this again?

I'm not sure whether or not I'm reading into your messages - it's confusing because you're being helpful and spending time on this (which I'm grateful for), but you're also coming off as antagonistic in some respects - perhaps my ignorance has come off as antagonistic to you too, in which case I apologise, it was not my intent - but yes, I now understand what you have been saying, and the additional information which is more clearly written now makes sense to me. Thank you :)