WHATWG project — week #7 and #8

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2012 16:13:42 +0100
To: Valer Mischenko <valer@nlnet.nl>
Cc: www-archive <www-archive@w3.org>
Last two weeks:

* Took some time off for the holidays (therefore no update last Monday).
* Wrote an introduction for DOM Ranges.
* Rewrote the TreeWalker algorithms to fix a bunch of bugs.
* Investigated changing [[Prototype]] for adoptNode() and
document.open() and raised the issue on es-discuss.
* Investigated changes needed to DOM event dispatch for the shadow DOM
and seamless <iframe>s, despite having the idea to work on this
later...
* Started integrating validation in the URL parser, but still a bit
stuck as it is not that straightforward.
* Defined origin/effective script origin for Document objects.
* Took a bit of time to study particulars of ECMAScript/JavaScript and
engaged in the es-discuss community to see what we can change in
DOM/IDL to improve matters for developers.

This week:

* Continue with URL parser validation.
* Though if I keep getting stuck work on Encoding Standard bugs instead.

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/