Re: CfC: publish WD of XHR; deadline November 29

On Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 2:27 PM, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch> wrote:

> On Wed, 5 Dec 2012, Glenn Adams wrote:

> > > I really see no value in what the WG is doing here.
> >
> > OK, but don't be an impediment for those of us who do see value.
>
> Um, no, it doesn't work that way. This is *actively harming the whole
> point of having a specification*. So yes, I plan to be an impediment.
>
> Maybe you shouldn't be an impediment for those of us who see value in
> having a single canonical version of a spec?

I believe, and I expect that the vast majority of the W3C membership
believes, that there should be a single canonical version of the HTML
related specifications, and that the W3C both owns and is responsible for
publishing them.

It sounds like you are suggesting that there is another organization that
is capable of doing this that could and would be accepted by the W3C
Membership as well as other national and international standards
organizations and users.